Planting supports business objectives
Assessing options is complex
ForestFounder cuts through the complexity to find opportunities
ForestFounder assesses all of these factors, and estimates the carbon and biodiversity outcomes of planting in suitable areas.
Its geospatial engine automates desk-based assessments that take expert foresters hours for an individual site.
It can assess unlimited sites and land areas in one pass, supporting individual site diligence, whole estate strategy, and regional or national searches.
Key benefits and features
- Find high-potential tree-planting opportunities across sites, estates, regions, or nationwide.
- Scope estate-wide potential for carbon, biodiversity, and financial gains.
- Focus human time (such as site surveys) on the highest potential sites.
- Automates desk-based assessments, so foresters can focus on what only humans can do.
- Considers a range of possible woodland types – including e.g. native broadleaf, commercial coniferous.
- Provides integrated Woodland Carbon Code and Biodiversity Net Gain Metric estimates.
- Uses the latest data from a wide range of sources, including e.g. Forest Research, Ordnance Survey, and HM Land Registry.
- Developed based on advice from across the forestry, ecology, and land management sectors, including an ongoing partnership project with Forest Research and Cranfield University.
Verna’s unique data and mapping capability gave us invaluable input in helping to understand how to achieve the UK’s climate and food goals.Dustin Benton, Chief Analytical Adviser, National Food Strategy (Defra)
Book a demo
We can explain the different ways in which ForestFounder can be used, and explore whether it could help you.